Up until recently, classy and lady-like were not words one would use to describe Khloe Kardashian’s style or beauty regime. From overly tight clothes to sky-high heels to fake eyelashes & caked-on lip gloss, one could assume that she was destined to follow the steps of her over-styled sisters Kourtney and Kim. Even though she is the most relatable of the Kardashian clan (she doesn’t say “like” every 3 seconds, she struggles with her weight, she is open about feeling like an ugly duckling growing up next to her sisters), Khloe had yet to take control of her own style until now
Flaunting her fit new body, it’s also clear that Khloe has been trying a new beauty regime that softens and complements her strong features better than loads of black eyeliner and buckets of glitter lip gloss. She’s also strayed from the standard sleek and centre-parted Kardashian hairstyle to more feminine options like waves and braids. Khloe has always seemed to be the voice of reason for her family, now her look reflects a sense of calm too.
Khloe loves her Instagram and from the multitude of pictures she’s posted of late, here are the 3 key steps to creating Khloe’s new softer look for yourself:
1. Subtle Smoky Eyes
– Black is basic, but using soft black liner or shadow is better!
– Smudge, smudge, smudge when using heavy liners
– Layer lengthening mascara to finish the look
2. Bold Lipstick
– Fill in the lines with a liner that matches your natural lip colour
– Find your perfect shade in either bold fuchsia, red or magenta
– Perfect your pout with a light dusting of powder to set the lipstick
3. Soft Waves & Pretty Braids
– create soft waves with a 1 1/2 inch barrel curling iron. Twist curls in opposite directions if you want a relaxed look and comb through with fingers.
– try a braid for those days when you want your hair away from your face
– use pretty clips or costume jewelry instead of your regular hair accessories.